A freemover is a student who wishes to study abroad independent of any exchange program. Freemover students are welcome to apply to the ELTE University Faculty of Primary and Pre-School Education (ELTE TÓK) to study independently 1 or 2 semesters long in the subjects fields of primary and pre-school education. Freemover students have the same access to all the courses taught in English or German as our other degreee-seeking students. Information about the courses offered can be found HERE.
You can become a freemover student,
- if you have already finished your studies at your home institution (but have not yet awarded your degree – active legal relationship)
- if your home institution does not have an agreement with ELTE TÓK
- if you have at least one closed semester at your home institution (active legal relationship)
- if you have at least B2 – intermediate level - state-accredited language certificate (except for English and German students who want to study in their native language)
It is not possible to study as a freemover
- if the student’s home university already has an Erasmus partnership or other written approval from the home university.
As a freemover student
- you are responsible for following the regulations of the receiving university with regards to study abroad and credit acceptance.
- if you want to confirm your earned credits, you should meet with your academic advisor to discuss and agree to your study plan.
- you are also expected to have appropriate health and liability insurance during your studies. Please read details HERE.
- all academic and administrative regulations are apply to visiting students while they are studying at the Faculty of Primary and Pre-School Education.
Freemovers pay the tuition fee independently. To determine the cost of each course, first check the course and the number of ECTS credits in our course list and then refer to the fees:
Entrance fee: 30.000 HUF
Tuition fee: 20.000 HUF/per credit
Freemovers must take at least 20 ECTS credits during the study semester. Fees must be paid after the Training Agreement was signed to the ELTE’s main bank account. The payment deadline is the 15th March in the spring-, and 15th October in the autumn semesters.
Send the registration form signed and sealed by your University with the following documents listed below to Ms. Zsófia Nemes.
- Certificate of Student Status
- Language Certificate (at least B2 – intermediate level oral and written - state-accredited language certificate (except for English and German students who want to study in their native language)
Should you have any questions, please, do not hesitate to contact: Ms. Zsófia Nemes.