Student residence halls
If you decide to live in one of the ELTE student residence halls, you can choose from dormitories available for both Hungarian students and international exchange students. Please note that the number of the places is limited.
In these dormitories you can always find the place that suits you best, as the dormitories differ in atmosphere and also in the facilities provided. Some dormitories are popular among ELTE students because there is an active student life there, while others are favored by ELTE students because their quietness ensures that students can focus on their studies.
Staying in a dormitory for a semester has many advantages. It is a perfect place to meet fellow students and to make new friends. You can always get useful tips from them about the university and the city.
If you are planning to stay at an ELTE dormitory during your studies at ELTE, please fill in the online dormitory registration form.
- Deadline for dormitory application for autumn semester: 1st August 2018
The Dormitory Coordinator will send an e-mail to all registered students about the result of the dormitory application until 8 August.
- Deadline for dormitory application for spring semester: 15 January
- The Dormitory Coordinator will send an e-mail to all registered students about the result of the dormitory application until 27 January.
Please note that we cannot guarantee that you will get a place in the preferred dormitory.
For Stipendium Hungaricum students:
- If you decide to move into the dormitory, you move in for the whole semester (September - January). Please note that if you live in the dormitory, you do not need to pay for your dormitory place and you do not receive the accommodation allowance for the whole semester - regardless if you'd move out during the semester.
- If your student status is active also for the second semester, you can stay at the dormitory also for the second semester. You do not need to pay for the dormitory place and you do not receive the accommodation allowance for the whole semester.
- Expected dormitories for Stipendium Hungaricum students: Kerekes Dormitory
Please see our dormitories on this website!
If you need help with finding accommodation in Budapest, please fill in the online registration form and send your apartment preferences to us. Soon you will be contacted by e-mail with proper accommodation offers, based on your preferences given at the registration. We will forward your preferences to our qualified Real Estate Agency partners.
Please Note: when you use the services of our Housing Office, the landlords will require deposits (minimum 2 months rental fee) at your arrival!
Please note that the real estate market is also limited in Budapest. Thousands of international students are seeking for accommodation for the new semester. We strongly advise you to book your accommodation as soon as possible.